Minimum Requirements & Recommended System Setup (for Optimal DEM Functionality)
Please see below for minimum system requirements and optional recommendations.
- 64-bit Windows 7; 64-bit Windows 10; or 64-bit CentOS 7 Linux* Operating Systems
- A video card that supports OpenGL graphics
- 4 GB of free disk space
- 4 GB of RAM
- Two-button mouse with center wheel
- Screen resolution of 1280 x 1024
- * Other Linux-bases platforms are currently being tested and verified.
- 8 GB of free disk space
- 8 GB of RAM
- Quad-core or better processor (Intel Core i5, Intel Core i7, or Intel Xeon processor)
- Ansys SpaceClaim or other CAD software
- Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet software
- AVI-compatible media player
Additional Minimum Requirements for GPU or Multi-GPU Processing
One or more NVIDIA GPU cards (computing or gaming), each with the following criteria:
- At least 4 GB memory
- Fast double-precision processing capabilities*
- A CUDA compute capability of 3.5 or higher. (See the GPUs Supported table for a list of GPUs and their compute capabilities.)
- A graphics driver version** that supports the CUDA version 10 toolkit or higher. (See the CUDA Driver table for a list of which driver version supports which toolkit version.)
* Required only for simulations using non-round particle shapes.
**Ensure your GPU card drivers are updated before using Rocky.
Computing Workstation Cards:
Computing Server Cards:
For more information, contact SimuTech Group.
Additional Requirements for CFD Coupling
You can use Rocky coupled with the following Ansys Software versions:
- Ansys version 2019 R3
- Ansys version 2020 R1
- Ansys version 2020 R2