Powerful simulation software and design-for-manufacturing best practices enable businesses to speed up design cycles, improve product resilience to fabrication defects, analyze post-fabrication effects, and develop products suitable for mass production.
- Design-for-test Methodology – Overview PIC layouts to identify problematic designs that prevent effect testing/packaging.
- Packaging Feasibility – Provide insight and suggest methods for electro-optical co-packaging, optical I/O packaging, multi-chip PIC integration.
- Scripted Design Workflow – Developing Lumerical scripts or custom python scripts via the Lumerical API can improve simulation setup time, automate collection of data, and enable interoperability to custom scripts/programs.
- Simulation Assistance – Perform Convergence Tests to identify changes in the simulation setup that lead to reduced computational requirements and faster simulation times.
- Fabrication Analysis – Identifying fabrication variations and their impact on device performance. This includes parameter changes, yield rate estimates, and lithography effects.
Contact Us About Photonics Consultation Services
Simulate sidewall roughness with Ansys Lumerical. Sidewall roughness can have minor to severe impacts depending on the photonic device, thus sidewall angles are fabrication tolerances that should be considered. Built as a toggle feature, including sidewall angles into device simulations is made simple with Lumerical.
This Y-branch splitter is a fundamental building block component for photonic integrated circuits. The device intakes the transmitted signal, and splits it 50/50 down two separate paths. The device could also operate in reverse to combine signals which allows for complex circuits and devices to be created.
If you need photonic design consultation, feasibility discussions, photonic packaging methodologies, or general photonics mentorship, our highly-skilled photonic engineers are ready to assist.
SimuTech Group has been growing our consulting portfolio for 40 years, boasting 4000+ projects across a range of physics. Have questions regarding your project request? Submit your request.
Additional Engineering Consulting Services
By Industry and Application