Suitable for Ansys Mechanical users who have either completed the Ansys Workbench Mechanical Introductory (FEA 101) course or users who are looking to learn advanced Ansys Mechanical methods and concepts.
Prerequisites: FEA 101 Workbench Mechanical Introductory
Who should take this course:
- Engineers looking to learn how to perform structural nonlinearities in Ansys Mechanical and are already familiar with performing linear static analyses in the Ansys Mechanical environment.
- In addition, engineers who are looking for a refresher and desire to re-learn advanced methods and concepts.
When you complete the course you will:
- Receive an official certificate of completion with professional development hours that can qualify for the continuing education requirements upon renewal of a PE license in most states.
- Become competent in:
- Nonlinear procedures and diagnostics
- Contact formulations and characteristics
- Rate independent metal plasticity
- Buckling and nonlinear stabilization
- Mesh nonlinear adaptivity
Contact for Ansys FEA 102
Ansys FEA 102 | Course Agenda
Every structure has a nonlinear response to external loads. However, only in some circumstances is the nonlinear nature profound, and significant. Additionally, to evaluate complex systems, a variety of linear and nonlinear solvers are available. Selecting the best solver frequently involves balancing accuracy and processing efficiency.
Here, the mechanical response of a structure and what causes it to be nonlinear will be covered in this Ansys Innovation Course on “Introduction to Nonlinearities.” After completing the course, students will be able to decide for themselves whether a linear solution or a nonlinear solver is most appropriate for system analysis.
Module 1: Overview
Workshops: Shell Disk, Line Search
Module 2: Procedure
Workshop: Large Deflection
Module 3: Restart Controls
Module 4: Introduction to Contact
Workshops: Contact Stiffness Study, Symmetric vs Asymmetric
Module 5: Rate Independent Plasticity
Workshops: Metal Plasticity, Hardening
Module 6: Buckling Analysis and Linear Pertubation
Workshops: Linear Pertubation, Post-buckling with Stabilization
Module 7: Nonlinear Diagnostics
Workshop: Contact Diagnostics
Module 8: Mesh Nonlinear Adaptivity
Workshop: Mesh Nonlinear Adaptivity