Ansys LS-DYNA, the industry-leading explicit simulation software used for applications like drop tests, impact and penetration, occupant safety, and more.
- Suitable for experienced Ansys Mechanical users, this course teaches advanced skills in performing impact and drop test analyses.
- Learn to distinguish problems that should be solved explicitly versus implicitly, and perform all procedures for an explicit dynamic analysis.
- Identify and choose element types, materials, and commands used in explicit dynamic analyses.
- This class is beneficial to engineers who analyze problems involving contact, large deformations, nonlinear materials, high-frequency response phenomena, high-speed metal forming, ballistics, crash impact, or problems requiring explicit solutions.
Prerequisites: FEA 101 Workbench Mechanical Introductory
Register ➤ FEA 101
Who should take this course:
- Experienced Ansys Mechanical users who are looking to learn advanced methods to perform explicit dynamics analyses in Ansys LS-DYNA.
When you complete the course you will:
- Receive an official certificate of completion with professional development hours that can qualify for the continuing education requirements upon renewal of a PE license in most states.
- Become proficient in:
- Perform various explicit dynamics analyses
Module 1: Explicit Theory and Workbench LS-DYNA
Workshops: Taylor Impact
Module 2: Solution Setup, Boundary Conditions, and Rigid Bodies
Workshops: Rotary Draw Bending, Drop Test Wizard
Module 3: LS-DYNA Results and Post-processing
Workshop: Post-Processing with LS-PrepPost
Module 4: Connections
Workshop: Impact on Tubes
Module 5: Quasi-static Analysis and Result Verification
Module 6: Engineering Data and Materials
Module 7: Meshing
Module 8: Element Formulations
Workshop: Drop Test, Bird Strike
Module 9: LS-DYNA Keywords
Workshop: Crimping Process