Ansys Forte Core Features
- Validation and analysis of detailed kinetic models for ethylene combustion
- Extensive comparison with available experimental data on ethylene ignition and flame propagation
- Pathway analysis for each mechanism to identify different reaction pathways in ethylene ignition process
- Sensitivity analysis incorporating chemistry reactions influencing the laminar burning velocity in lean ethylene/air flames
- Vinyl chemistry analysis differences in reaction rate constants and routes of C2H4
During the fuel vaporization process, the volatile components evaporate first, which dominate the location near the nozzle exit. Important insights for these multicomponent fuel models and associated processes, includes:
- Spray atomization, drop breakup/coalescence, multi-component fuel vaporization, spray/wall interaction, refrigerant database connectivity
- Ignition and combustion, wall heat transfer, unburned HC and NOx formation, soot and radiation, as well as the intake flow process
Diesel Engine Intake Flow
- Three-dimensional modeling of diesel engine intake flow, combustion and emissions
- New sub-models including wall heat transfer with unsteadiness and compressibility, laminar-turbulent characteristic time combustion
- Comparisons with measured engine cylinder pressure and heat flux data provided in-platform for homogeneous charge, spark-ignited and compression-ignited engines
- Meshing plays an important role regarding the accuracy of a simulation analysis. The linear static study module includes an option that permits for the solver to automatically adjust the mesh during the solution in regions of the model with high strain energy errors. This results in precise solutions with little-to-no user input.
- There are two types of solution adaptive mesh refinement methods that can be used: h-adaptive and p-adaptive. The solution adaptive mesh refinement methods can be enabled from within a linear static’s study properties dialogue, which can be accessed by right-clicking on the name of the Ansys study at the top of the corresponding linear static study tree within the Forte platform.
- The computerized database provides over 1000 specially-prepared data summaries, including refrigerant (single compound and blend) profiles, tabular compatibility summaries for plastics and elastomers, and toxicity reviews for refrigerants.
Refrigerant Database Profiles
- The refrigerant profiles classifications, common use cases, chemical and trade names, other identifiers, molecular mass, critical properties (pressure, temperature, specific volume, and density at the critical point), physical and thermophysical properties for selected conditions, safety classifications, toxicity and flammability data, exposure limits, atmospheric lifetime, ozone depletion risk potential, global warming potential (if applicable), halogen global warming potential, commercialization, phaseout, and other relevant datasets.
- The In-Platform search and retrieval software provided with the computerized version enables very fast searches for user-selected terms or combinations of terms relevant to your product/object needs.
- Eulerian two-phase mixture approach to modeling liquids and two-phase mixtures enables quick and accurate simulation of liquid pumps and valves
- In-Depth Comparison between Eulerian and VOF models for two-phase flow assessment in vertical pipes
- Preferential Paths of Air-water Two-phase Flow in Porous Structures with Special Consideration of Channel Thickness Effects
- Automated Numerical Simulation from Dynamic database including research on submersible mixers for sewage