TurboGrid, the First-Class Solution to T-MAC Blade Meshing.
- TurboGrid software includes novel technology that targets complete automation combined with an unprecedented level of mesh quality for even the most complex blade shapes.
- The desired final mesh size is defined (and, optionally, the blade boundary layer resolution), and all the other steps can be performed automatically to produce a mesh of extremely high quality.
- Grid angles are exceptionally precise, mesh sizes transition smoothly, and high aspect-ratio elements are generated in the near-wall regions to resolve these regions efficiently and capture boundary layer flows accurately.
What exactly is Topology Optimization (TO)?
The goal of TO is generally to maximize part performance by mathematically modelling and optimizing for factors such as external forces, load conditions, boundary conditions, constraints, and material properties within the design parameters.
- Isolated Emphasis on Turbo ► The TurboGrid software architecture for design, analysis and optimization provides an integrated and streamlined approach to turbomachinery design.
Ease of Use ► Offering a user-friendly point-and-click environment with display functions familiar to blade designers, including 2-D blade-to-blade and meridional planes for viewing flow path and blade position. The view is updated automatically with each input to reflect the latest changes.
- Explicitly for blades with clearances at the shroud, or even at the hub, Ansys TurboGrid provides an all-encompassing solution.
- Users can specify the amount of tip clearance in numerous ways: for example, as a percentage of span or at a specified distance from the hub or shroud.
- The grid in the tip can be either matching or nonmatching along the center of the blade thickness, ensuring optimal grid quality and accurate prediction of blade tip flow.
- Unlike conventional software requiring downtime for analysis, TurboGrid provides immediate feedback on mesh quality.
- Precise criteria in instantly available such as grid skew angles, mesh expansion rates and aspect ratios of mesh elements.
- Any mesh elements that do not meet target quality criteria are highlighted, guiding the user in adjusting user input and controls accordingly.
- TurboGrid also permits users to import customized CAD models and mesh secondary flow paths, such as bleeds, cavities, labyrinth seals, back disc cavities and ported shrouds. A simplified virtual geometry can also be specified and exported to third-party applications.
- In addition, Hub and Shroud casing can be designed by manipulating their meridional contours. This supplemental feature is available when solids are activated for the impeller, neighboring static components are specified, and an offset between impeller and neighboring components is loaded.
- The secondary flow path is defining the ‘real’ object geometry. This can make all the difference in your business design.
ALL Ansys CFD Software Products
Ansys CFD Licenses
To benefit from all the computational fluid dynamic solvers that Ansys offers, choose the CFD Enterprise toolkit. CFD Enterprise offers full versions of Ansys Fluent, AIM Pro, and CFX to help you optimize product performance with well-validated physical modeling capabilities that deliver quick, accurate results.
Engineers use Ansys CFX for the most accurate, robust, and rapid simulation for rotating machinery such as fans, pumps, compressors, and gas and hydraulic turbines. Companies in the glass, metals, polymer, and cement industries can choose Ansys Polyflow for advanced fluid dynamics technology.
Today’s experienced engineers need well-validated CFD results to analyze products quickly and thoroughly. With full versions of Ansys Fluent, CFX, and SpaceClaim included, CFD Premium provides accurate, quick, and robust results.
Engineers can simulate IC engine combustion performance with Ansys Forte. Simulate with nearly any type of fuel to quickly design high-efficiency, clean-burning engines that are fuel flexible. To ensure speed and safety for in-flight icing certification, Ansys FENSAP-ICE provides accurate, rapid aircraft icing assessments, along with other comprehensive analysis in the aerospace industry.