Ansys HFSS Training Course in 3D Electromagnetic (EMAG) Design
Ansys HFSS is the industry leading 3D electromagnetic (EM or EMAG) simulation software for designing and simulating high frequency electronic devices such as antennas, antenna arrays, RF or microwave components, high speed ICs, filters, connectors, IC packages, and PCBs. This course covers the introductory foundational principles of using Ansys HFSS.
Who should take this course:
- Beginners who need a comprehensive overview of Ansys HFSS.
- Intermediate users who do not have a strong foundation and would like to thoroughly learn basic concepts or refine methods taught during the course.
With completion of this course, you will:
- Become proficient in:
- Setup of models within Ansys HFSS
- Solving and post-processing results from high frequency electromagnetic simulations such as antennas, RF, microwave components, and biomedical devices
- Receive an official certificate of completion with professional development hours that can qualify for the continuing education requirements upon renewal of a PE license in most states.
Contact for EMAG 102 Training
Course Agenda | EMAG 102
Module 1: HFSS Introduction
Workshops: Band Pass Filter Simulation
Module 2: Boundaries and Simulation Space
Workshop: Patch Antenna Open Region
Module 3: FEM Solution Setup – Mesh and Sweep
Workshop: SMA Coax-Microstrip Stub Auto Solution Setup, Band Pass Filter Broadband Mesh
Module 4: Post-Processing, S-Parameters and Fields
Workshops: Coaxial Tee S-Parameters and Field Plots, Patch Antenna Smith Chart and Field Plots
Module 5: Parameterized Geometry Construction
Workshops: Microstrip Bend Geometry, WR 90 Waveguide Filter Geometry
Module 6: HFSS Lumped and Wave Port Basics
Workshops: Microstrip Bend Lumped Ports and Simulation, Waveguide Wave Ports and Simulation
Module 7: High Performance Computing (HPC) and Optimetrics
Workshop: Microstrip Bend Parameter Sweet and Tuning